It may be hard to swallow, but small mammals—a crucial part of the Everglades ecosystem—are being decimated by invasive Burmese pythons. BSWANKY, a luxury handbag design house based in Sarasota, Florida, is stepping up by partnering with python hunter Amy Siewe (one of the winners of the 2020 Python Bowl), to help put an end to the destruction of our Everglades ecosystem in our new Conservation is The Key initiative.
Using invasive python skin from snakes captured in the Everglades, BSWANKY creates luxury accessories, and gives 100% of the sale of each BSWANKY python keychain to the South Florida National Parks Trust. In addition, five percent of the sales on all python handbags will
also be given back. These sought after luxury python handbags are owned by Tori Spelling, Tiffany Cuban, and Faith Hill, and may just be the solution.
Two women, one cause.
Through fashion, BSWANKY aims to re-establish the natural harmony of the Everglades ecosystem, while using the whole animal rather than allowing their skins to be thrown into landfills. Albeit an unfortunate situation, the Everglades pythons provide an opportunity to
create beautiful handbags while giving back to the Everglades.
● Exotic pets gone wrong: introduced as pets to South Florida,
pythons both escaped and were released into the wild, causing an
● Pythons’ rapid rate of reproduction has brought their population
to an unsustainable and overpopulated number: over 300,000
● They have disrupted the natural food chain and caused an
environmental disaster, preying on mammals such as rabbits and deer,
decimating their population numbers and eliminating them as a food
source for indigenous predators such as bobcats and the endangered
● They have no natural predators in their introduced habitats
Initiative Talking Points:
● The initiative uses a local supply of python skins, a sustainable and ethical alternative to imported, farm-raised python commonly used by major luxury brands
● Two women from traditionally male-dominated industries coming together to find solutions
● Conservation is The Key: 100% of sales of $60 keychains goes to the South Florida National Parks Trust
● Scaling up our givebacks: 5% of sales on all python bags goes directly to the South Florida National Parks Trust
● Giving back in style: up-and-coming woman-owned luxury handbag company raising awareness and funding outdoor education programs and restoration projects
● Bags are designed and handcrafted in our atelier in Sarasota, Florida
● In the past two years, BSWANKY has donated over $100,000 in handbags
● We are available anytime anywhere for interviews
South Florida National Parks Trust Information:
● The South Florida National Parks Trust is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization established in 2002 to support four national parks in South Florida – Everglades, Biscayne and Dry Tortugas National Parks and Big Cypress National Preserve.
● Since its inception, the South Florida National Parks Trust has successfully funded more than 100 projects representing a combined investment of more than $9 million in South Florida’s national parks.