BRADENTON, Florida – (June 10, 2020) – Effective today, inpatient visitation has resumed at Blake Medical Center. One visitor, age 18 or older, may visit admitted patients on the inpatient floors between the hours of 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. For the safety of our patients and staff, all visitors must successfully pass a screening prior to entering the hospital and wear a mask and practice social distancing while in the hospital. The relaxed visitation restrictions do not apply to patients who are COVID-19 positive or patients being tested for COVID-19. For these patients, we suggest interacting through phone calls, Skype or FaceTime.
The following Temporary COVID-19 Modified Visitor Policy is now in effect.
Temporary Visitor Policy
In order to protect our patients, visitors, physicians and caregivers from the spread of the coronavirus, we are enacting a modified hospital visitor policy.
Visitor Hours are 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., 7 days per week.
Inpatient Units –One visitor per patient is permitted with the following exceptions:
- · Labor and Delivery
- o Two visitors are allowed.
- · Post-partum, NICU, and Pediatrics Units
- o Two visitors are allowed and one may stay overnight.
- · Behavioral Health Units
- o A patient’s attorney of record, a state of federal representative on official duty, and end-of-life situation visitors are allowed.
- · Coronavirus (COVID-19) Units
- o For the protection of our patients, visitors and caregivers, we do not allow visitors to visit COVID-19 patient; nor do we allow visitors to visit those undergoing investigation for COVID-19.
- o Exceptions must be approved by the hospital Administrator on Call (AOC) or administration and can be made for end of life situations.
Emergency Room – One visitor is allowed per patient in the ER.
Outpatient Procedures Requiring Sedation – One visitor is allowed per patient. Visitor must remain in the designated waiting area. If the patient is admitted as an inpatient, the visitor can visit with the patient after the patient is admitted to his/her room.
Outpatient Procedures NOT Requiring Sedation – Visitors are not allowed.
Anyone under the age of 18 will not be considered for visitation unless they are the parent of a hospitalized child.
Hospital Cafeteria – Visitors are not allowed.
All persons authorized to enter the hospital must wear a mask at all times, including in a patient’s room and practice hand sanitization upon entering the hospital and upon entering and exiting a patient’s room. They will have their temperature taken, be screened for illness, and asked the following questions:
- · Have you had a fever and signs/symptoms of respiratory illness (cough, flu-like symptoms, or shortness of breath)?
- · Have you traveled outside the country within the last 14 days (including a cruise)?
- · Have you traveled by plane or train in the past 14 days?
- · Have you been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 without wearing the proper protective equipment?
- · Are you currently being tested for COVID-19?
If you screen positive (yes) to any of the above – you will not be provided access to the facility unless seeking emergency medical assistance.
Patients may consider using phone, Skype, or FaceTime to communicate with family and friends during this time.