Function: Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated club with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
Key areas of responsibility are ensuring positive member impact, club operations and regard for BGCMC by managing outstanding program and service delivery; positive club climate; supervision and training of staff; member development; community relations and outreach; and facilities management, including safety and security.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Work with administrative team and staff to design a cohesive and comprehensive youth development program for youth ages five through seventeen utilizing the resources of BGCMC.
- Develop and implement planning and project management processes to ensure the effective coordination and integration of the programs and resources of the Club.
- Provide support to administrative team and staff in the areas of planning, management, program execution and communications.
- Provide program staff with resources and day-to-day supervisory support necessary for them to effectively implement learning programs.
- Collaborate with Program Manager and Teen Director to ensure the effective coordination of program schedules and related events for youth and families.
- Assist with funds development for educational programs and youth programs.
- Foster relationships among local schools, universities, businesses and other community youth and education programs to enhance the development of the club.
- Ensure a safe environment for youth and staff.
- Ensure that facility maintenance is in compliance with BGCMC’s policies.
- Ensure programs for volunteer workers develop mentoring relationships with youth and provide training aimed at leadership.
Manage Facility & Club Operations
- Ensure administrative and operational systems run smoothly and maintain a safe, clean Facility.
- Ensures staff are adhering to policies and procedures regarding contract compliance for attendance and recordkeeping.
- Ensure that established Boys & Girls Club youth development strategy is implemented and rules and policies are enforced. Ensure programs, services and activities prepare youth for success, promote safety of members and quality and consistency in programs at all times;
- Establish, maintain and supervise a well-organized, clean and safe environment conducive to a productive youth development, learning and working environment;
- Maintain an inventory of all relevant program equipment and supplies and ensure they are in good working order;
- Provide proper maintenance for equipment, furniture and fixtures belonging to the Club.
· Handle scheduling use of club facilities internally and by outside groups that meet eligibility requirements.
Manage Staff & Volunteers
- Recruit, train, schedule and supervise Staff and Volunteers, providing ongoing feedback and identifying and supporting professional development opportunities;
- Serve as direct supervisor of Program Manager, ensuring their effectiveness in overseeing Program Specialists and daily programs;
- Cultivate staff's (including Volunteers’) ability to provide guidance, discipline, mentoring and role modeling to members; and
- Conduct regular staff meetings/trainings;
· Work with Chief Operating Officer and the Vice President of Program Services to plan, develop, implement and evaluate club overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting overall program participation and daily attendance; coordinate planning and execution of special events to ensure success. Communicate with all departments as necessary.
Budget and Manage Administrative Systems
- Manage club financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets.
- Recommend requisitions to supervisor for approval and control expenditures; and
- Complete and submit written reports.
Support Development and Marketing Departments
- Represent BGCMC at community events as requested.
Partnership Development, Marketing & Public Relations
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with peers, staff, parents, community leaders and organizations.
- Provide timely up-to-date information regarding club programs, activities and services to the general public.
- Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for club and BGCMC programs, services and activities including collaborative relationships with schools, businesses, other youth service organizations, clergy and law enforcement.
Essential Working Relationships:
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with club professional staff and volunteers to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Cultivate ongoing relationships with parents and members providing discipline, wise guidance and counsel as appropriate.
External: Maintain contact with community groups, schools, members' parents and others required and approved by the CEO. Publicize the club in order to increase awareness whenever possible in order to increase financial support and expand outreach efforts.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- This position requires the ability to perform work in an office setting as well as in a highly interactive and emotionally and physically stimulating environment. Occasional travel between club sites is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain a high energy level.
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Effectively communicate with a variety of audiences in various settings.
- Must have a reliable and accessible mode of transportation to commute occasionally between club sites.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
· This position is Full Time.
· Four year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of supervisory/management experience.
· A minimum of five years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience in youth delinquency and gang prevention.
- Leadership and management experience in a youth services, family support or K-12 educational setting.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others.
- Skills and energies to build a team and lead effective staff development and training.
- Evaluate all programs in collaboration with program staff.
- Work in collaboration with the other program directors and DPS to develop messaging for youth programs.
- Be a spokesperson for youth programming at BGCMC.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrate success in designing new youth programs, facilitating experiential curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge or ability to utilize and manage available technology to increase efficiency and productivity in the workplace, including member database.
- Ability to train and encourage staff and members to use technology effectively and responsibly.
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Oral and written fluency in English; Spanish is a plus.
- Proven knowledge, understanding of youth development, delinquency prevention &/or educational work with youth, families and organizations of Manatee County communities.
- Experience as a youth development professional in the Boys & Girls Club Movement
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Valid State Driver’s License; CDL License or the ability to acquire a CDL license.
- First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
TO APPLY: go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs and under Jobs and then under General Applicants there is a link to click on to apply for our open positions. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.