1. Rooms patients and prepares them for physician examination by taking required vital signs per physician protocol. Takes patient calls and responds to patient needs, inputs patient information in EMR.
2. Assists doctors with clinical needs such as dressing changes, suture removal, injection preparation, cast application and removal, minor procedure assisting, dispensing DMEs including OrthAssist documentation, patient education and any necessary form completion.
3. Understands/uses the EMR system efficiently, becoming proficient and staying current with all aspects of electronic medical records.
4. Assists Medical Assistants with prescription call in, checks Availity site for refills, obtains physician approval and documents according to office protocol.
5. Cleans exam rooms after each patient and keeps them stocked with necessary supplies and patient education materials.
6. Assists with the ordering of clinical supplies according to office protocol. Holds responsibility for bringing deliveries to supply area, unpacking/storing supplies, checking packing slips and forwarding same to the appropriate person.
7. Performs routine cleaning of medical equipment and washes instruments in preparation for sterilization according to office protocol.
8. Helps with completing forms for Workers Comp, disability etc.
9. Helps MA dispense medications or samples. Monitors sample supply and calls when inventory is low including Workers Comp medications. Keeps inventory log of all samples and medications up to date.
10. Assists radiology department with escorting patients, data entry, dark room, filing and any other duties as needed.
11. Maintains working knowledge for Care Vision, Availity and any other programs pertinent to meeting clinical needs.
12. Responsible for or assists with the aspects of UA testing including documentation and mailing, drug sample control, Workers Comp medication dispensing, ordering and control, Biohazard bags & sharps control, sterilization of instruments and changing Metricide.
13. Assists the MRI Department in any capacity needed such as screening, education, escorting or assisting patients with authorizations.