Function: Under the direct supervision of the Transportation Supervisor, the Bus Driver is responsible for the operation of vans and small and large buses, in transporting children from school to the Clubs, and driving on designated field trips.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Transport students from schools to the designated units.
- Transport students on designated field trips.
- Follow a pre-planned route according to a definite time schedule.
- Drive bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations and bus operating procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of children in loading, unloading and transporting them from school to the club.
- Instruct children in safety precautions and practices.
- Maintains proper paper work for attendance of children.
- Maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to Club Director.
- Inspects and sweeps bus.
- Reports delays and accidents.
- Reports defects or problems with vehicle to Transportation Supervisor.
- Assures bus meets regular maintenance schedule.
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Part-Time. (Monday - Friday - Guaranteed 15 hours per work week; starts at $14.00 per hour.
- Should be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid State Driver’s License, Florida Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class C or higher with a “P” endorsement.
- Completion of CPR, First Aid Course, and DOT Physical.
- Completion of a performance test in bus operations.
- Must pass pre-employment background check, fingerprinting and drug test.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- · Ability to relate to children, parents and Boys & Girls Club personnel.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations.
- · Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
- · Perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Guaranteed three (3) hours per working day.
- Required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and rarely 110 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.